It was a good year.
I’m still here and doing well. I’m slowly getting to the place I want to be. Not long ago I’d be frustrated with the speed of progress, but I’ve finally learned that I cannot force it or I’ll end up further behind. I wish I’d realized it before, but I know now. Dwelling kicks my butt as much as sitting still does.
Here’s some of what I learned this past year:
- I discovered two sources of pain that I can control. That made a world of difference in how I feel.
- My dogs must be up my butt, every second of every day that they’re awake. Well, just Victor. Poor thing is a mess lately. If his routine is off, he’s a neurotic 80+ pound lap dog.
- I love these people more every day.
- Gray hair knows no bounds.
- I’m more patient than I realized.
- My tolerance for bull ish is much lower. Yes, I realize these last two may clash, but it is what it is.
I’m not making resolutions, but setting goals. Three simple ones:
- Make the new year healthier than the year before.
- Embrace love and light.
- Release the negativity.
Not so bad, right? Do you make resolutions or set goals for the new year? Wanna share?
So here’s to 2013. May yours be filled with love, laughter, and light.