Howdy, y’all. Your friendly neighborhood Sherrie has goals.
Not resolutions, goals. And not just goals, but goals with solid planning behind them. It’s easy to say “I’m going to do this in this amount of time, but without a plan, it may not happen.
I’m keeping it simple and straightforward, with nothing crazy added to the mix. I’ve been eating off plan and struggling with eating my feelings lately (well, on and off since the election), so getting back on track and putting my goals front and center will help me focus.
Without further ado, here are my goals for the next 90 days:
- Flexibility work daily – at least a good 5-minute stretch
- I feel so much better when I stretch and have let that habit slide. No more. Get up and stretch, people!
- Start walking regularly again, at least 3 days a week
- The Shrimp & Grits 5K is tomorrow and I’m definitely in. Packet pick-up is tonight and I am so excited. And a little concerned because there is a pain flare in effect.
- Lose 10-15 pounds
- This is a doable goal for three months. It breaks down to 1.25 pounds a week maximum, which is a healthy rate. Meds and high pain days make it difficult, but sticking to my food plan will make the difference here.
- Love myself no matter what
- This is the big one. There are days that I feel trapped in this body and I let fears of my potential state in my golden years take over. I love myself, but those days leave me a teary, self-destructive mess. I eat things I don’t handle well (like peanut butter) and overeat in an attempt to ease the pain. Neither help.
So, there are my goals. I’ll share often on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You could join me, cheer me on, stare and shake your heads, or whatever. I will get mine and I hope you get yours, too. Feel free ask me anything about my journey and tell me what you want to see or not see.
And now it’s time for a cup of tea and a little reading. It may or may not involve a cookbook or two.